The HALL Family Weblog

WELCOME TO THE HALL FAMILY Blog! This is the old blog site ... you can find our new Blog on http://iokahouse.blogspot.com/. Please visit us there...!

Friday, October 13, 2006

My Dahlia hibernation experiment

Somehow I have gotten hooked (and slightly successful) growing Dahlias in our garden. There are a couple of reasons -- first, they are very easy to grow, and second, we have a nice warm spot with good ventilation. I may have created a monster as one good tubular in the spring can show up as 5 intertwined 'tubs' in the fall. I'd lost quite a few in years past due to our wet winters, so I've taken to digging them up and storing them away in the garage. In the past I didn't concern myself with the colors but I had some rather ugly combinations this year. SO, I'm TRYING a new color identification process. I marked them all last week (after I'd cut them down) and then tonight I dug them up and marked them with a magic marker before they went into the box. ......I have absolutely no idea if this will work, and it's a bit of a pain in the neck. We'll know next summer if it's worth the work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


real estate website design