Two against one (duo et mano?)

Mickey, Ken, Yogi and I took a quick trip down the beach late morning for a -2.7 low tide, in search of the elusive Hood Canal Geoduck. We (I say that VERY liberally, as I only carried a shovel and the camera) came home with two and cooked up the delicacy as part of an early dinner. It amazing what a little garlic, olive oil, butter and garlic can produce. (We’re thinking of trying that same recipe on an
old tennis shoe…..)!Joe will smirk at the need for a Geoduck barrel (aka ‘gun’) and shovels. He was quite proud of his mano-et-mano fight he’d undertaken a few years ago. I was even able to find the old picture that recorded the occasion. Makes me proud, Joe!


3 Comments:
That's an old photo of me going "mano a mano" with the geoduck. I recall that I was ultimately unsuccessful. Next time, I will use any available weapon against the wily geoduck!
what a coincidence! joe & i told my parents on our last night about how you guys can catch geoduck (mirugai - in japanese & korean) along your beach. they were *INCREDIBLY* impressed and salivated at the thought of fresh mirugai. we promised that we would try our very best to catch some and send to them. to my parents, mirugai is as good as expensive caviar. they eat it raw, sashimi style, with some korean hot sauce.
Diana -- we were testing our Geoduck catching mojo. We got it back AND we are even in the process of collecting a good shipping container. It will be one of our excursions while you are here! :),
Post a Comment
<< Home